Tuesday, November 13, 2007

More progress

Today Mom and I went to Talon to sign our contract. And to have another tour of the place. I am so excited! We got a lot of great ideas.

We are going to have all kinds of white lights in the barn, and white tablecloths with wildflowers in cobalt mason jars. There will be a pond with votive candles floating and appetizers before dinner.

We are going to have a 'kid retreat' of little camping tents set up, beach balls, and Frisbees and a candy table. Not to be confused with the gift table!

I don't know how bridal showers work? Am I in charge of that or what? Guys, help me out!

I heard my dad is nervous about the father/daughter dance. I will have to teach him how to dance.

AND - De is nervous about our first dance too. Even though it's far from our first dance since we're taking lessons. Geez.

Tomorrow we are meeting with the caterer at Joseph-Beth Cafe. I can't wait for that!

Well, that's the news for now.

ta ta ta

3 comments:

ms julie said...

silly willy-- you don't plan ANY showers. that's up to your maid of honor/bridesmaids/ friends at work/ family members. it's YOUR turn to be pampered a little and celebrated! you just show up radiant from engagement bliss and ready to open PRESENTS!!! :)

Jessica said...

oh, presents I am ready for.

De and I are going to register this weekend!! Just think about it: me in a baking aisle not actually having to pay for stuff myself. I'll go crazy with the scan gun!

I will be dragged out of Bed Bath and Beyond; it's true.

ms julie said...

ps: my only advice about registering would be to make sure you physically go to the store and choose stuff. if it's online, then usually you can only purchase it online, and then your guests will have to pay shipping costs, which sometimes are 100% of the thing they are trying to buy for you! at least that was our experience at target.....