Tuesday, October 23, 2007

How it happened

De had been planning something for a "really long time" so he said. And for two weeks, he wouldn't give me any clues at all as to what he was up to!

So, I went shopping for a new dress to wear out on Saturday night, and when I got home this is what was waiting for me outside on our patio:

De had all kinds of hor d'ourves sitting on the table and a fresh bouquet of roses with a card inside!



He also had two wine glasses sitting out and a cooler with some Sofia Coppola pink wine, because that is the only wine I will drink.



So, we toasted to us!

Next he gave me a black journal and said that we had to write in it everyday for a year about our life together.


He then said that we had work to do. We had to carve the pumpkins and they had to say something we would like to say to each other.

De wrote "complete" and said that "you make me complete". I wrote "De - I love you forever." (we are so sappy)


We had a great day outdoors. It was then time to get ready to go out; De had something special planned. He took me to have a before dinner drink at Le Deauville and then we walked around Gratz Park downtown before our dinner reservation.

We went to eat a the fanciest restaurant in town A La Lucie. Apparently, it was booked up for three months because of Keeneland, but De knew someone on the 'inside' haha. It was soooo good. I ordered Asian Marinated Flank Steak and De ordered Bourbon Tabasco pork chops. We even got Black Truffle Chocolate cake with a candle in it!

Afterwards, we went to the Ice House where they were having an art show and people were dancing. My friend Ellen had a piece in the show. My friend Jennifer was there also; I was in her wedding in April.

Since I didn't have my dancing shoes on, we decided to go home. So, I put on my PJs and went to bed!

When I woke up in the morning, I lounged in bed. I thanked De for the wonderful evening and he said "hold on a second". He ran upstairs and came back down. He said "I have known you for two years and I love you very much. And I have a question to ask you: will you marry me?" So, I cried and gave him a hug and said "OF COURSE I WILL MARRY YOU!" He said "Give me your finger". So I did and he slipped a cute lil' ring on my finger and it looks perfect on there!

And, I then jumped up and down on the bed and said "we're getting married! You're gonna marry me. You're gonna be my husband. I'm engaged. We're getting married!" etc.

YAY! Any questions?






4 comments:

Madeline Jade said...

I am sooooooooooooo happy for the 2 of you! You are welcome to my box of wedding planning stuff I saved...if that will help! You are gonna love it! You'll be doing a BABY blog before you know it!! hee hee
Love, Sarah and Madeline

Anonymous said...

When the time comes I am the proud owner of all the baby pictures of your fiance. You can have all you want!

Unknown said...

Best Wishes. Zoe says she would like to be a bridesmaid.

Natalie said...

That is one of the most fantastic things I've ever heard.